The 2013 Goal Planning Retreat produced the following goals for St. Philip’s. The goals have been ratified by the Church Council and assigned to particular committees or groups. All goals are designed to work in unison with the United Methodist Mission Statement to make St. Philip’s a place where Hearts are Opened and Minds Enriched in Making Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World. Wherever possible, a measurable goal has been identified for more accurate tracking of our successes.
- GOAL #1 To engage the congregation in at least four local and regional missions, focusing on increasing relational missions; sponsor one mission outreach weekend annually; and providing at least $15,000 in support of the Buchele’s full-time mission to Ghana.
- GOAL #2 To be more welcoming, intentionally inviting, and more observant in our relationships with others. This goal will be achieved through the partnering of each Administry Committee to at least one Outreach/Small Group in at least one activity this year. By partnering, we will increase our ability to outreach and engage others, including ourselves, in sharing and offering Christ.
- GOAL #3 To provide a diversity of faith formation opportunities at St. Philip’s for Adults, Young Adults, Youth and Children that leaders of St. Philips (Committee and Ministry Chairs) would participate in at least one faith formation group annually.
- GOAL #4 To provide a diversity of faith formation opportunities at St. Philip’s for Adults, Young Adults, Youth and Children by developing a plan to reach out and welcome more young adults to St. Philip’s.
- GOAL #5 To provide a diversity of faith formation opportunities at St. Philip’s for Adults, Young Adults, Youth and Children by forming a new faith formation group for parents of pre-school and elementary age children on Sunday Mornings.
- GOAL #6 To promote the missions and ministries of St. Philip’s through multimedia by communicating through multiple media streams such as Facebook, eNews, announcements (clipboard ministry reminders), connection cards, marquee, Sunday Worship Guide, website, table tents, Money Matters, Brushy Creek Newsletter, Round Rock Leader, and KLOV/Spirit FM Public Service Announcements.
- GOAL #7 To establish a timetable for buying and installing an electronic sign in the current St. Philip’s marquee frame.